Everyone requires self-care skills to live effectively. However, when we are faced with an injury, an illness or a disability, caring for oneself will prove to be more of a challenge than a daily habit. This is where Occupational Therapy can help.
Occupational Therapists provide treatment for clients to adapt to a new environment, new living conditions or even a new career requiring the patient to relearn a new set of skills.Here are the services covered in this program:
- Education on safety awareness at home
- Education on safety awareness at work
- Exercise programs
- Assistance with daily living activities
- Energy conservation
- Strength training and management
- Body Mechanics
- Relearning activities of daily living
- Prevention of falling
- Prevention of further injury
Talk to our case manager or intake coordinator by calling 1-877-871-1866. We can help you get started with Occupational Therapy in your home.